EMPLOYMENTThe success of our company is largely dependent on the quality and service provided by our employees. As such, we offer our associates a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. If you are interested in a career opportunity with The Aquatic and Fitness Centers or Future Fitness Powered by AFC, please contact HR Director Anita Ferriola: email@example.com
To apply for a position listed below, please fill out the form at the right of this page, and select the position you are interested in from the list.
PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT
Date Posted: 02.21.14
Location: Bala Cynwyd
AquaHab Physical Therapy, dynamic private-practice outpatient physical therapy centers, is seeking to fill a full-time licensed Physical Therapist Assistant position for our Bala Cynwyd location. Must be energetic, highly
motivated, goal-oriented, and a team player. Excellent working environment, competitive salary, excellent benefit package (including 401K plan). In addition, we also offer a stipend for continuing education, a complimentary fitness club membership, and a diverse case load.
Responsibilities include the daily operations of the clinic, providing patient care, and assisting co-workers & physical therapists while maintaining a high level of customer care.
Must have a Pennsylvania state license, New Jersey a plus. 2+ years experience with orthopedic/sports Physical Therapy. Aquatic background a plus.
Send resume: fax# 856-673-0013 (Attn: Colleen McGinley) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will be kept confidential.
Date Posted: 12.31.13
Locations: All Locations
As a growing out-patient orthopedic multi-site Physical Therapy center, we are Full-time Physical Therapist to work between our 3 PA locations (NE Phila, Bala Cynwyd, & Jenkintown) and 1 Cherry Hill, NJ location. We are an outpatient orthopedic company committed to quality patient care and positive outcomes. As a part of that effort our locations have 2 dedicated PT pools that offer both patients and Physical Therapists the opportunity to improve recovery through the therapeutic use of water. Strong interpersonal and communication skills a must. Excellent working environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits including 401K plan.
New grads welcome to apply.
Must have reliable transportation & will be required to travel
Must have a PA license (NJ license a plus)
Send resume Attention: email email@example.com
Date Posted: 12.31.13
Location: Cherry Hill
If you are qualified and interested in joining our team, we have an exciting and immediate opportunity available at our Cherry Hill, NJ location for a full-time Accountant. Responsibilities include providing leadership, managing, preparing, reviewing and communicating the monthly, quarterly and annual financial results.
- Reconcile cash and report daily to management
- Reconcile bank statements
- Prepare and enter monthly journal entries
- Prepare monthly statistical reports
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and year-end accounting closes
- Reconcile and prepare work papers for all balance sheet account
- Ensure all financial events are recorded in compliance with GAAP
- Assist with the annual budget process
- Assist with asset depreciation
Qualified candidate MUST have:
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or Business, or the equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- System experience to including billing, collections, & payroll.
- Be a self start and be able to work independently
- the ability to handle a fast paced environment, manage multiple projects at a time, be detailed oriented
- Verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong basic MS Office skills, especially MS Excel and MS Word.
Peachtree experience preferred.
For consideration, interested candidates should forward resume and salary requirement with references to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 856-751-5489.
Date Posted: 11.27.13
Locations: Bala Cynwyd and Jenkintown
AFC is seeking to fill Entry Level Marketing Representative position. We are looking for energetic and outgoing individuals to assist the sales team with community outreach. The individual will be responsible for establishing relationships with local businesses for cross marketing, launching promotional events (e.g. health fairs, corporate occasions, marketing groups, etc.), with the ultimate goal of generating prospective member leads. This position will be based out of our Jenkintown and Bala Cynwyd locations
No experience is necessary. However, the position requires a personable employee who has confidence in speaking with the public.
Must have reliable, personal transportation, as this position does require driving.
Please email resume to:
Patti Bubnis at Pbubnis@aquahab.com for our Bala Cynwyd location
Matt DeShields at email@example.com for our Jenkintown location
Date Posted: 11.15.13
AFC Fitness in Jenkintown is currently seeking a top sales and management leader for our General Manager position. Our ideal candidate has a proven track record leading a team of Sales and Training professionals to consistently achieve sales performance within the Fitness Industry. A strong background in prospecting through community outreach is a must as well as developing strong relationships with current clients to create a fun, positive environment within our health club.
• Proactively lead employees to achieve business goals in revenue, membership growth, client participation, cost management and product sales.
• Hire, onboard and develop strong Management & Member Reps to achieve performance goals.
• Partner with Head Trainer and Training team to provide an exceptional customer experience.
• Ensure the team maintains great relationships with all members to be on a ‘first name’ basis.
• Develop a high energy culture for client and our team through contests, incentives and events.
• Supports HR related activities including hiring, scheduling, reviews, team development, etc.
• Ensures operational requirements of the studio are achieved; systems and policies are followed and suggests opportunities for efficiency and performance improvement.
• Perform other management responsibilities as needed or assigned.
• 3-5+ years managing a fitness studio / gym or Department Head of the Sales or Training department of a larger health club. • 5+ years of fitness membership sales experience with a proven track record of consistently achieving personal sales goals. This includes lead generation using outreach & event promotion.
• 7+ years of general sales experience in retail, fitness or related field.
• Track record of leadership and coaching Sales Advisors to accomplish performance goals.
• Strong customer service background with the drive to give an “Above and Beyond” experience.
• Ability to multi-task in a fun fast paced environment and work cohesively with others.
• Demonstrate a proactive approach to management with strong organizational skills.
Please submit your resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to talking to you soon!
Compensation: DOE - Full-time position with a salary, commission, bonus and full benefits package.
SALES AND MEMBERSHIP CONSULTANT
Date Posted: 10.25.13
Locations: Bala Cynwyd and Philadelphia
Full Time membership Sales Consultant
Applicant must have experience and excellent communication skills, written and oral, as well as strong leadership abilities. Marketing experience required.
As a key member of the sales team, responsibilities include developing, marketing and implementing of member programs as well as initiating sales incentives for new member referrals and providing solid retention programs for existing clientele.
The ideal candidate will possess related experience, must have strong computer skills, possess strong interpersonal skills, and always stay customer focused.
The success of The Aquatic and Fitness Center is largely dependent on the quality and service provided by our employees. As such, AFC offers its associates a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
If you are interested in a career opportunity with The Aquatic and Fitness Center, please contact
Patti Bubnis; email email@example.com for our Bala Cynwyd location
Don Adair; emial firstname.lastname@example.org for our NE Phila location
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Date Posted: 09.11.13
In need of a responsible, friendly, and mature individual to join our team in a customer service capacity at our Northeast Philadelphia location. Immediate part-time shifts available for the right "people-person" interested in a generous hourly rate, club membership, excellent benefits and a fun work environment. The shifts available are as follows:
Evenigs & Weekends
Duties include (but are not limited to): greeting members & guests, handling busy telephones, and light clerical duties. Please email or fax resume including the shift applying for to the following attention: Kate at email@example.com
Health club experienced preferred. Excellent phone and communication skills. Multi-tasking abilities, able to problem-solve, and self-motivated.
WATER CERTIFIED INSTRUCTORS
Date Posted: 08.20.13
Location: Bala Cynwyd
Experienced and certified water certified instructors. Cheerful and energetic, creative and excited about water fitness. contact firstname.lastname@example.org
AQUA ZUMBA INSTRUCTORS
Date Posted: 08.20.13
Location: Bala Cynwyd
Certified Aqua Zumba instructor who loves bringing the party to the water! Contact email@example.com
SUPERSTAR PERSONAL TRAINERS
Date Posted: 06.01.13
Locations: Bala Cynwyd, Philadelphia and Jenkintown
The Aquatic & Fitness Center is looking for client oriented, highly motivated Superstar Personal Trainers! You must be certified and have burning desire to succeed. Call only if you have strong customer service skills, practical knowledge, and the ability to prove it.
For a position at our Bala Cynwyd, Jenkintown, or Philadelphia locations, call Kevin Schultz at (610) 664-6464 X1381 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SWIM INSTRUCTOR / LIFEGUARD
Date Posted: 04.11.13
Location: Bala Cynwyd
We are seeking for qualified individual with Lifeguard Certification including CPR/AED, and First Aid. WSI preferred.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ALSO MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE AND BE WILLING TO TEACH SWIM LESSONS to young children as well as adults in a private instruction setting.
Must be available at least one weekend day as well as part time shifts during the week-mornings/daytime/evenings are all available. Full-time opportunities available as well
MUST have reliable transportation. WSI certified & Water aerobics experience a plus