7 Reasons Why a Barre Class is a Total Body Workout
A Barre class is a popular group fitness workout that combines elements of ballet, yoga, and Pilates. It is a low-impact exercise that is great for all fitness levels to help tone and strengthen muscles, improve flexibility, and burn calories.
Here are 7 reasons why a Barre class is a total body workout:
1. Strengthens and tones muscles. Barre workouts are designed to strengthen and tone your muscles. The exercises are focused on small muscle groups, which helps to create a long, lean physique. Barre classes can also help to improve your posture and reduce back pain
2. Improves mood. Barre class instructors help set a positive tone for each workout. The positive social vibes among your classmates combined with endorphins released by exercise, is an amazing combination of mood-boosting effects. Barre workouts can also help to reduce anxiety and improve your overall sense of well-being.
3. Improves flexibility. Barre class instructors also focus on improving your flexibility. The exercises are designed to elongate your muscles and improve your range of motion. This can help to reduce muscle soreness and improve your overall performance in other activities.
4. Burns calories. Barre workouts can help you to burn calories and lose weight. A typical barre workout can burn between 200 and 500 calories. Barre classes are also a great way to tone your muscles and improve your overall fitness.
5. Improves balance and coordination. Barre class instructors can help to improve your balance and coordination with guided movements for your level. The exercises require you to use your core muscles to stabilize your body. This can help to reduce your risk of injury and improve your performance in other activities.
6. Reduces stress. Barre workouts can also help to reduce stress. The combination of physical exertion and focus on your body can help to clear your mind and reduce stress levels.
7. Is a low-impact workout. Barre workouts are low impact, which means that they are easy on your joints. This makes them a great option for people with injuries or who are just starting out with exercise.
Barre fitness is a great way to improve your overall fitness and well-being. If you are new to barre, we recommend letting the instructor know at the beginning of class. Once you have mastered the basics, you can move on to more advanced moves.
Here are some tips for getting the most out of a barre fitness class:
- Wear comfortable clothing that allows you to move freely.
- Bring a water bottle and a towel.
- Arrive early to class so that you can warm up and get situated.
- Take breaks when needed.
- Focus on your form and technique.
- Have fun!
Start a Free 30 Day Trial at any AFC Fitness today and try a Barre workout or any of the 70 plus classes offered each week.