AFC Fitness Kids Camps and Sports Training
At AFC Fitness, we understand the current COVID-19 situation and the need to find ways to keep your kids active and healthy while being safe at the same time. We’re here to help! Starting September 21st, AFC Fitness in Bala Cynwyd will be kicking off our Fall Kids Camp run by the area’s top fitness and youth sports trainers! Our goal is to keep your kids happy, healthy and active in a program that revolves around sports, fitness and fun. Check out the full information below, including our safety procedures, and sign up today via the links at the bottom of this page.
AFC Fitness is excited to be kicking off this fall with a fitness oriented after school program for your children. Please read this parent info section prior to signing up.
- 5 Weeks – September 21 – October 23; 3:30-5:00 PM.
- 3rd, 4th, 5th Grades – Tues/Thurs; 6th, 7th, 8th Grades – Mon/Wed/Fri.
- 12 Children minimum required for camp; 24 maximum.
- Children will be split into small teams during sessions.
- Classes will be held on our large sports court or outdoors when possible.
CHILD DROP-OFF AND PICKUP
- Prior to the first day, you will receive a document with your child’s name on it. Please print & keep visible in your windshield for drop-off/pickup.
- All children will be dropped off and picked up at the Garage Entrance of AFC.
- Children will get their temperature taken and be given hand sanitizer on arrival. Any child that has a fever over 100.4 will be sent home.
- Any parents that are not members of the facility are asked to just drop off/pick up, we are not allowing outside guests to enter the facility at this time.
- * Discounted memberships available for those parents wanting to use the facility during sessions.
WHAT TO BRING
- Water bottle. Small snacks can be brought if wanted.
- Towel & mask.
- Please label any items with your child’s name, including any bags used to carry items.
In order to keep those at AFC Fitness safe, we have worked with the National Fitness Council to establish and implement our CDC approved guidelines for the center. Our cleaning & disinfecting have been altered to occur more often and with medical-grade disinfectants. We are also using Electrostatic Disinfectant Sprayers throughout the facility and on equipment to assure everything is safe for all. Hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes and disinfectant sprays are readily available for use. Anyone entering the building is required to wear a mask when not performing rigorous activity and social distancing measures have been put in place where applicable.
For details on AFC Fitness’ response and procedures during the COVID19 period, please visit afcfitness.com/covid19-gym-guidelines/
MEET OUR INSTRUCTORS
Our goal is to keep your kids happy, healthy and active this fall while learning from some of the area’s top fitness and sports trainers.
JEREMY BRODOVSKY – SOCCER
Jeremy is an experienced soccer coach and recruiter having coached collegiate soccer for 10 years. During that time he coached 20 All Conference players, 2 Rookies of the Year, 1 All American and was voted the Colonial States Athletic Conference coach of the year in 2011. His teams made 7 post season appearances and won 4 Team Ethics Awards and 2 Team Academic Awards. He has coached at the club and youth level for over 25 years for boys and girls ages 5-18 as well as serving in administrative positions. Jeremy is a nationally licensed coach for the US Soccer Federation and the United Soccer Coaches organization as well as having a goalkeeping certification. Currently he is the Director of Operations for Central League Soccer which is a youth soccer league in southeastern PA serving over 4000 boys and girls aged 8-17.
MUSTAFAA JONES – BASKETBALL
Mustafaa is an experienced basketball player that graduated with a Sport Management degree. After growing up in Philadelphia, Mustafaa went on to play at the collegiate level at University of Hartford and Fairleigh Dickinson University. Following that, Mustafaa went on to play for the London Lightning – in Canada’s professional basketball league. Since coming back to the Philadelphia area, Mustafaa has regularly given basketball lessons to share his wealth of knowledge and experience. You can routinely see him over on the basketball court at AFC Bala Cynwyd.
CARLOS BRADLEY – FOOTBALL
Carlos has been sharing his expertise in fitness and human performance for years at AFC Fitness in Bala. Carlos is known for previously playing collegiate and professional football, playing for the San Diego Chargers and Philadelphia Eagles. Previously a former natural body building champion, Carlos currently uses his degree in Exercise Physiology and Certification in Personal Training to help others better themselves. As the Executive Vice President of the International Student Athlete Academy, Carlos is constantly trying to make a difference in these students’ lives.
3RD, 4TH, 5TH GRADE GROUP – REGISTER HERE